The WSA is a sub-organization of the WSCA. As such, the board of the WSCA is the governing body of the WSA.
The WSA is just one tool the WSCA uses to serve the various needs of its members, whether it is:
- coach education and certification,
- training camps for coaches and athletes,
- US college experience camps for those swimmers wishing to swim in a US college,
- developing swim leagues for international schools, age group or senior swimmers,
- and, most important, advocacy for coaches and athletes with international swimming’s governing bodies.